Monday, February 11, 2013

Mommy Stress - Part 1

Being a Mom is one of the most rewarding positions a woman could ever hold. But this very same title and the responsibilities and emotions involved can bring on some of the most intense stress a woman has experienced or will ever face.

It has been on my heart to write about Mom stress for a time. And yesterday I just happened to run across a program on Focus on the Family that again brought this to the light in my thoughts.


What are your areas of stress as a Mom?

For those of us with young kids (mine are 4 , 2 and 9 mos) your stress might look something like mine:
  1. Lack of sleep (leading to impatience, frustration, difficulty controlling emotions)
  2. Lack of personal time and space (no time for me and my hobbies and taking care of myself)
  3. Frustrations over kid's fighting, whining, etc. 
  4. Naptimes
  5. Worry over the health, education, discipline of our kids. 
  6. Worry about my relationship with my husband (do we make time for each other, do we communicate well, are we on the same page regarding our kids,etc. 
The list could go on and on.  But you get the idea, as Mommies we are continually faced with stressful situations.

What do you do? How do you cope? How do you get beyond the stress?

The fact is that as women our "stresses" are so interconnected they all add up to such a load that without some kind of "help" we will eventually explode unless we have a way of dealing with these things.

For me, my greatest hope is my relationship with our Saviour- Jesus. His word gives us all kinds of messages of hope. James 1: 5 says that "If anyone lacks wisdom he (or she) should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault. . . "

I  find great peace in the knowledge that God will provide me such an amazing wisdom- it is available for me, and you!

There are lots of practical things we can do to deal with the stress we face as Mom's and I would love to hear how you do so.

Until another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment