Tuesday, November 3, 2015

My sister- the best one in the world!


My sister. 

From the day you were born I have thought of you fondly. 
Every girl needs a sister and I have YOU. 

I know growing up I was mean at times- not including you in my play or with my friends. I know older sisters can be bossy. Sorry. 

You have always been different and because of that I have admired you. 

What I feared you found most fascinating. (like end times, and Revelation, and anything having do do with spiritual battle)

What I ran from you greeted. 

When I buried my head in the sand like an ostrich you sought adventure. 

I have always loved your curls- actually I have envied them. But they seem to me as if they are a visible sign of the person you are. 

You have always been a spitfire. A bubbling, singing brook of a girl and woman. You have sass. You have fire. You have passion. You have talents quite like no one else I know. But those unique set of talents and gifts make you who you are! 

There have been days I envied your freedom- to be you- to be free- to let go of inhibition which can be so imprisoning. 

There have been nights when I cried for you. 

There have been days when you cried and prayed with me with a wisdom beyond someone your age should have. 

You have driven me crazy and made me laugh harder than anyone else on the face of the earth. 

I am so thankful to call you my sister- because of having the best sister is the world I wish I could gift my daughter with a sister- like you. 

But God gives sisters like you to only some girls- and I was lucky enough to be one of them. 

So remember I will never grow tired of your craziness, or accompanying you in song, or laughing or traveling, or shopping (even for candy) with YOU. 

I LOVE YOU you wild haired woman! 

Embrace yourself and love the person God made you to be with all that wild side- because you cannot change it any more than you can change those curls on your head which God gave you! 

DREAM


SING


BE

LOVE

LAUGH

CRY 

and when you  need a hug

I am waiting! 




No comments:

Post a Comment