- Acorns, buckeyes
- Toothpicks or wooden matches
- Hot glue gun
- Permanent marker
- Something to poke holes with, like an ice pick, or knitting needle
- Decide what creature you are making: an ant, spider, acorn person, bird, sheep, Winnie The Pooh, etc.
- Decide where you need to make holes and poke a hole in correct area.
- Insert toothpick or match.
- Continue poking holes and inserting sticks to make your desired creature.
- Draw eyes
- Glue on other details.
Make up a story and enjoy your funny, eco-friendly Autumn creatures. Our 4 year old loved gathering the acorns, and buckeyes and making these with Daddy.
This is Ziluks, the main character from one very cute cartoon over here in Latvia. My husband says they made these cute people and animals in school when he was a boy in the Soviet Times.