Wednesday, April 22, 2015

When Parenting feels like hell

Being a parent is by far one of the most difficult tasks a human will ever endure.

There are days when you feel you will pull your hair out- or go mad or lose it.

There are days when your kids will scream, whine, make faces at you, disobey, speak disrespectfully, hit, fight and cry. In fact- these might well be the majority of those days.

But there are days when your kids love you to the moon and back and you will look at them with pride and love and such joy.

But what do you do when this moment- this phase is so hellish?

My oldest is going through a phase (at least I hope that is what it is). He is nearly 7- and getting him to obey today and act respectully and do his homework, etc IS SO difficult. He mades faces, behaves and talksrudely, and does all manner of things which leave me wondering if this is really my child.

How can we survive these days? For me prayer is tops when I face a child I no longer know how to deal with. God alone can grant wisdom in these situations.

I did some reading on parenting this evening and liked this article- on correctly behavior.

This day has come to a close- the kids are calmly sleeping and I am mentally preparing for another day. Hoping and praying that tomorrow is more peaceful and my boy gets his joyful selt back-

 Oh LORD, grant us patience as parents and wisdom to guide these little people. 




No comments:

Post a Comment