Thursday, June 7, 2012

"And there is pansies, that's for thoughts"-Shakespeare



In our continual quest to make our yard more beautiful we have expanded our gardens. We have a flower bed spot we are working on developing. It is a long term goal. I am trying to learn more about perennials so that I know what I want.

One of the other things I wanted included in my garden was an herb garden. We made one in a wheel shape, with 8 spokes. I am so happy to have so many herbs now growing in my garden. I love cooking with them, using them in teas, etc. I also want to learn about all their health benefits so we can use them as alternative medicine.

My quest for the perfect perennials is painfully slow and so my garden is rather empty. I was at a nursery the other day and they had pansies on sale for 20 cents each. So I picked out 35 in shades of dark purple and white tinted with purple. Lovely. It took me 3 times to get them planted in a layout I was happy with. Then I realized I needed more to make my design even more luscious.

So the next day my three young ones and I headed out on a walk to the nursery- which is about a 10 minute walk from our house. My two bigger kids (ages 4 and 2) walked and baby K was in the pram. We filled up the basket under the pram with pansies. It was a bower of blooms and looked so picturesque as we moseyed home.

Now I have 55 pansies nodding their pretty faces in my garden. I love their gentle movements as the cool summer breeze swirls gently around them and sends them nodding on in pleasant agreement. The bees too have decided to come and dwell with us and summer is even a bit more delightful than before.

No comments:

Post a Comment