Friday, February 17, 2012

Valentine's Birthday Party

So a while back I was chatting with our nanny and suggested we have a birthday party for her at my house. It had been a while since we had had a girl's night with the girl's from church- and I suggested something really girly.

She was immediately all for the idea and I was surprised to hear she had never had that sort of a party for herself- with just friends invited to celebrate her.Her birthday is exactly on V-day so I had tons of ideas and inspiration on how to decorate and make things special. 

We wanted to do a number of things: 
  • spoil the girls with manicures, hair styling and make-up
  • make them feel special with delicious food
  • have a part where we talked about godly relationships
  • have good food 
  • send something home with them to help them remember the evening and  God's plan for godly relationships. 

I had the idea of making cookies on a stick and adding Bible verse. So I made these and I was very pleased with the results. Normally I don't like sugar cookies (because they are just too plain)- but frosted with white or dark chocolate they were delicious!




The cake I made for the birthday girl. Dark chocolate with layers of almond meringue and a rich dark chocolate frosting. 
 

Hair time.



For the snacks for more spoiling I make milk shakes that were pink and then a bit later we had chocolate fondue with fruits, pretzels and small sugar cookies. YUMMY! The girls loved this!





After we had eaten and they had been pampered we played "Things" for a while. Then we closed with my sharing how God taught me to be alone when I was in college and be content in HIM. 

The girls helped cleaned up afterwards and we finally locked the door at 11:00 PM. It was a long evening, but lovely. I was so pleased to be able to have a such a special party with the girls. 

How did you celebrate Valentine's Day? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment