Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Perfect Valentine


Whenever I hear about people sharing their most romantic Valentine's memories or experiences I always think my husband's tops them all. (I know I am a bit prejudice).

Our first Valentine's Day together- when we had been seeing each other for several months happened to be one very snowy day.

When my English lessons had finished for the evening he wanted to take me somewhere. He drove to the only local park and parked at the bottom of the big hill where there is a long stairway to reach the rest of the park. He then had me wait in the car for what seemed like a VERY long time- maybe it was- I think it was at least 45 minutes.

FINALLY he came and had me join him for a walk and WOW was it ever worth the wait.

He had run all over the park with its fresh blanket of snow and put candles everywhere. The paths were lighted with candles. . . just for me. It was the most romantic thing. I felt like I was walking in my very own fairytale or romantic movie.

When we reached the frozen pond he had written "I love you" you in the snow- this was the first time he "told" me he loved me and it was very special.

I will never forget that lovely evening and will always know he is a very romantic man despite what our sometimes overly busy lives allow.
This is now 6 year ago, before we were married and had 2 1/2 kids. But we still try to make time for each other. We celebrated V-day early this year because our nanny's birthday is that day and we didn't want to have her work on her birthday. We went out to a very nice Italian restaurant and my husband surprised me with a sweet card and a vintage style perfume bottle similar to this one. I have always thought it would be fun to have one.
What about you ? What are you doing to do this year to make Valentine's day special?

2 comments:

  1. That is very romantic! I wish my husband were more romantic, especially considering that he was born on Valentine's Day. Alas, I'll have to settle on being envious of stories like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. You have a fun looking blog and cute kids! Don't we all wish our husbands were more romantic :) I know I do! I always remind him how he can be very romantic if he takes the time :)

      Delete