In my search of a perfect place to have my baby I have considered three options seriously. (These are in no particular order).
A home birth: Like the first two times. In truth I cannot imagine any other way because this is the only way I have experienced birth. It is so soothing to be in the comfort of ones own home.
- BUT I don't want my children at home while I have my baby- because I scream during the pushing stage and don't want to scare them. And I don't want them to have to spend the night elsewhere because that is hard on them and me since I worry about them. I found this true the first time around when I had to send D away for the first time in his life.
- Price 500 lats or $936.00 /This includes 1 home visit before birth and 3 home visits after birth.
Birthing Clinic: This is like a private, very small hospital. Where you are allowed to birth as you choose (not on the table).
- BUT the rooms seemed small to me and even though it was quiet since they only have like 4 rooms for women and it isn't too far away 30 minutes- it still feels like a a hospital.
- Price: 450 lats for midwife, plus paying for each night in a room and food. In all it would cost more than a home birth.
- BUT it is a 1 hour drive from our home- so a bit far. However, the situation is truly love.
- NO food provided because each person is so different in their desires. However, they have a furnished kitchen and you can get something at a local store or order at a cafe.
- Price 500 lats or $936.00 including the 3 nights.
These are the options I am considering at present. I would love to go with the third option. But I wonder if I would make it in time and would know when to leave home. I am always so unsure if my labor has truly begun.
What would you do?