Sunday, August 10, 2014

Baking: gift or curse?




http://kāzufoto.lv/wedding-cakes/

Since I was 7 years old I have baked on my own. I have always loved doing so and have loved delighting others with my goodies.

Years have passed and many cakes have been baked, decorated, sold and eaten. I've had the honor of making towering wedding cakes and in the last year of working 2x a week at a sweet, local bakery I have baked apx. 500 cakes.

Wow, even that figure makes me stop.  . . in my tracks.

I am thankful for my job and this place to have down time doing a hobby I enjoy and relaxing from mom duties.

Yet, I wonder, is baking a worthy calling for me? Am I making any lasting difference? What does eating sweets do to better our lives? Or does it just make them worse by the guilt of having splurged? And so despite knowing that God has given me a gift with which I can bless others when need be, I am wondering if I should be doing something else. Perhaps I could be making more of a lasting difference following another job- path. . .

So- what do you think, is baking a gift or a curse? What difference does it make to better ones life?


No comments:

Post a Comment