Monday, October 8, 2012

My Purpose

Sometimes we tend to shortchange what we do. As if the job we work isn't the best it could be, as if the place we study isn't the best, as if the clothes we wear aren't the ones we wish they were, as if, as if, as if. As if we were and are never good enough. You have been there, right?

Somehow I had come to the place where I felt as if I needed to be doing more, or working and not just "staying" at home. As if being a mom of three kids ages 4 and under meant I wasn't doing enough. I was dissatisfied. I was confused. I was discontent. Have you been there?

But today I realized I have accepted my life, my calling, my purpose. Right now my best job is raising my children. Right now my best teaching position is teaching my four year old and two year old preschool. Right now I am EXACTLY where I need to be.

As as this realization sunk in I felt at peace. For I realized that somehow peace had come and worked its way into the cracks of discontent in my heart and showed me a greater purpose. I realized I had set aside the expectations of others in my life and in this culture. I realized that somehow God has brought understanding to my heart as to the more important things in life.

And every day as I teach my 4 year old with our preschool materials and see him learning sounds, letters and numbers I smile. Everyday as he sounds at new words and his shaky little hand becomes more steady in forming letters and numbers I realize I am laying a foundation. Right now I have no higher purpose than that of teaching my children to love and know their Creator, and to learn to live in this world. Right now I find my greatest joys in seeing them learn to speak, write and understand our great English language. Right now I laugh with joy as I see them learn songs, rhymes and games and know that no one else can do this job as well as me.

This is my purpose. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, friend! I'm so happy you have come to this realization, I'm learning the same thing right now as well. To look around and see where God has put me and to do the things He has put me there to do. It's a challenge, but worth it in every way!

    ReplyDelete