Sunday, May 13, 2012

Like Mama

It is strange how the unspoken feelings of our mothers sink so deeply into us. Things she saw as beautiful, special, and wonderful become so to us. Without her having to press it upon us or teach us, we follow her example. 

My Mama always loved lemon verbena and lavender, she was always trying to grow them in between our many moves. She was always loving them. I remember she had lemon verbena body powder when I was a child and it was cherished and so delighted in. Lately I have found myself longing for something so elegant as lemon verbena or lavender body powder. Perhaps to others these wouldn't be anything special- but to me they are ever so dear. 

I had been wanting to find a lemon verbena plant to add to my herb collection/ garden. I have been enjoying my lavender the last few years and it has really taken off. But I have not been able to find lemon verbena anywhere.Needless to say I was utterly delighted when at the plant market the other day I found my beloved lemon verbena. It was truly just as refreshing I had remembered and I am so blissfully happy about this. 

Oh dear Mama- how special the aromas of lemon verbena and lavender are to me, and how they remind of you. 

I love you. 

Happy Mother's Day

What reminds you of you Mama? Which things she considers special were quietly passed on to you? I would love to hear your stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment