Friday, May 4, 2012

The End of Cloud Nine

Since the birth of our little one nearly 3 weeks ago I have been really very happy. Sure I have had "moments" and been frustrated and so on. But I have been living in the bliss of a wonderful birth experience and been just plain happy.

BUT lately the sleepless nights are catching up with me and I am starting to get cranky, irritable and frustrated. It is hard when you want to sleep in the mornings for a bit longer and the baby starts making all sorts of noises- hiccups, gruntings, etc. I wish he would just eat and let me sleep. . . oh well.

I realized today that I MUST take a nap. I haven't been napping much because I have wanted to paint and do other things. And besides on cloud nine one has so much blissful energy.

So if you wonder where I have disappeared to I may be napping and trying to stay afloat in my new role as a mom of 3 little ones.

The house is a mess and never quite clean- but there is always just one more diaper to change and mouth to feed and so I am learning to juggle these things. . .

Real life has set in and cloud nine may be past- but I am still so incredibly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment