Monday, May 12, 2014

In a few short hours my parents leave to return home.

12 days of hugs and playing with the Grandkids. 12 days of memories made and love ties grown tighter. 12 days of parental bliss in that their is so much joy to be had in  hearing ones parent interact with ones child. 12 days of Mom's cooking and Dad's songs. 12 days- is just so very, very short.

I know that when I wake tomorrow and the house will be empty from my husbands having taken my parents to the airport that life will go on. . .

Yet I know that the tears will flow- with the tightness in my heart of never knowing when the next time will be when I see my kids play and cuddle with Grandma and Grandpa.

An ocean is just too much space and water to separate family.

My heart aches knowing this distance between us will never diminish. Knowing my kids will not spend many days or weeks with their cousins and relatives over there.

I know I have so much to be thankful for. These days have been marvelous. We have been spoiled and loved on.

But who can grasp the longing of family and the nearness of loved ones unless you too have lived far off from them.

I love you Mom and Dad! Thanks for taking the time and finances to make an effort to be part of our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment