Monday, January 2, 2012

Ideal Mom

Sometimes I get to thinking I am no the Mom I would like to be. There are so many ways I could improve and yet I am doing my best to be the best Mom I can be. When I imagine the ideal Mom these are some thoughts that come to my mind: (Not in any particular order)

  • Patient always.
  • Sings lullabies and songs with children. 
  • Reads books and spends time teaching children. 
  • Has time to home school and do all the other things needed to make a household function. 
  • Cares for oneself and looks lovely. 
  • Has a good relationship with husband- makes time for date nights. 
  • Has a growing relationship with God.
  • A mother in prayer for the salvation and spiritual growth of her children. 
  • Knows how to creatively discipline and meet each child's individual needs. 
  • Cooks well balanced meals that everyone eats. 
  • Sews, knits and makes all kinds of handmade goodies and gifts. 
My list could go on and on. There are so many little quirks to these that I am not doing, and so many that I am working on.


I am continually desiring to be a better Mom. Yet so often I am tired, worn out and stressed. Being 25 weeks pregnant my back often hurts and I feel so tired I just want to lay down. Sometimes I do just that- then my kids play next to me and we are all happy.


In my quest to become a better Mom, God is continually speaking to my heart. Lately I have been meditating on these verses:


Romans 5: 3-5 (New Living Translation)

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our our confident  hope of salvation. And hope does not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. 

How encouraging to know that God is using ever trial I face as a Mom to make me the person He desires. And what a blessing to know  that the Holy Spirit dwelling in me is proof of God's love for and in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment