Saturday, March 1, 2014

Faith

Every day we hear of terrible things going on, some of them close at hand, others far off. Every day we are confronted with evil and the fight of a world over what is right and what is wrong.

I admit that I often feel like crawling in a hole and hiding me and my loved ones from this big, scary world.

There have been a lot of days lately where my thoughts and fears of the happenings that are occurring in our world leave me paralyzed in fear and trepidation for the kids I am raising is such an evil world.

It seems that at every corner we are faced with and reminded that this world is crumbling apart.

In this dark days I have a choice to live in fear, or to live in faith.

I don't know what faith means to you. But to me it is something like this. . .

Faith is in One bigger than me, my fears, and everything that is going on.

Faith is knowing that there is One who made this world and that HE has never left and never will abandon his children.

As I sat quaking in my boots this morning I ran to the Psalms and was reminded that God is with those who love him.

I was reminded of the Bible verse we have been learning all week with my kids, "My help comes from the LORD, the maker of heaven and earth" Psalm 121: 2

And as I washed the window and talked to my God about rumors of wars he reminded me of the scripture, "When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come." Matthew 24:6

Yes, things are bad in our world. Yes, things are getting worse. BUT there is also good in the world, and the source of all good is the ONE who made this world.

I was comforted today and held close in the "arms" of God as His word spoke to me. He reminded me that what is happening now He knew long before., and that He will never abandon me or mine.

If I didn't know God now, and have this faith in Him I would be completely lost.

God, may seem far off to you. Or perhaps you don't even believe there is God. But even faith is worth a chance, how can you ever know a person or being or God, unless you give them/Him a fair chance?

Try reading the Bible, and saying: "God, I'd like to meet you. Come and introduce yourself to  me as I read this letter that you have given or supposedly (if you don't believe it) given to men long ago. I want to give you a chance. "



No comments:

Post a Comment