Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meal Ideas

A good friend asked me what we eat our house and I thought I would share a list of our favorite meals. Of course I'm always trying new recipes, but these are meals that we eat monthly. If you are interested in recipes, just drop me a note and tell me which recipe you need.  I have divided them into divisions of the method of cooking- which is how I plan when I am in a hurry.

We typically eat a soup with sandwiches, or a main dish with salad. We try to include a salad or boiled vegetable every meal, but usually go more for salads. Our dessert list is too numerous to list- as that is my speciality around here.

Soups:
  • salmon soup
  • chili
  • frikadele soup ( A Latvian soup with small meatballs)
  • beef soup
Oven Baked:
  • Honey glazed chicken
  • Lasagna
  • Chicken baked with potatoes
  • Fish and oven baked potatoes (these potatoes are our healthy version of fries)
  • Pot roast with potatoes, carrots, and onions
  • Pizza
  • Quiche
Stove Top: (Include a side of buckwheat, potatoes, noodles or rice).
  • Tacos
  • Sushi (boil rice)
  • Spaghetti and meatballs
  • Ginger chicken (Chinese style) with rice. 
  • Latvian pancakes (crepes) with fillings: cheese, ham and cheese, meat, etc. 
  • Cutlets
  • Karbonades (chicken or pork)
Salads:
  • Greek Salad
  • Ceasar Style salad with grilled chicken
  • Cheese Salad
  • Carrot Salad
  • Beet Salad
  • Cabbage salad with oil 
  • Cole Slaw
  • Cheese salad

No comments:

Post a Comment