Monday, September 2, 2013

A Kindergarten Prayer

Tomorrow my 5 year old will attend his first lesson at kindergarten. And even though he will only be on location about 2 hours a week, and the rest will be homework,  STILL this is a big step for us.

This will be the first time when a stranger will teach my son. The first time when he will look to someone other than his parents and immediate contacts for wisdom and direction.

As a Mom I feel emotional letting my boy out into this big, scary world.

And so my dear son, here is my prayer for you.

May God give you a willingness to learn and obey. 

May He protect you from every hint of evil. 

May you remember who you are, and what you know. 

May you be a boy who is kind in word and deed. 

May God grant you with friends and teachers who help you grow in wisdom and character. 

May He help you grow to be a young man and man who knows what it is to be a real man, fully masculine and with the desire to help each girl, young women or lady be real women. 

May you, my dearest firstborn child be the person God has made you to be- using your amazing talents and creativity to live the live he has endowed you with. 

I love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment