Monday, January 7, 2013

My Haven

Since arriving home a week ago the weather has continually been overcast, dreary and damp. 

I had forgotten how very depressing winter can be in Latvia. Somehow the sunshine of a Nebraskan winter led me to believe that it wouldn't be much different here. 

The dark, and the sickness at home has made me very sleepy. I have been taking 1-2 naps a day and went to bed at 8 p.m. last night. Thankfully, we seem to be getting slightly better- though today D is throwing up every time he eats anything. At least he does not have a high fever so far today. 

I keep wishing I could hibernate until spring, and only come out again when the sun decides to shine again here. 

But since that is impossible than I feel I would like nothing better than to stay tucked away in my little haven of home. Warm, and dry in our little pool of light and joy. I want to keep barred away all illness and fear. I want to bask in the sunshine of the smiles of my children and the favor of my God and the love of my husband.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment