Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fragile

Last night I heard about the death of a four year old . I didn't know her personally. Though we all know her daddy here. I was shocked, stunned and moved to tears. 

I stood in my children's bedroom and thanked God for every moment he gives me with them. I thought about what I want out of my life and the mom I want to be. 

Today I heard that little girl had choked on an apple, and then seemed fine. I guess the apple came out. She then went on to play and collapsed. 

How quickly she was gone isn't important. But a life, a precious child was snatched from her parents in a matter of minutes. 

I was stunned. I reeled. I cried. 

That could have been my four year old. 

Children are always choking, that is a part of life. 

No apples, no dangerous food I thought, EVER!

That is not the answer, I cannot protect my children from everything. 

Life, these precious lives God has entrusted to us.

Treasure every moment, live a focused life on the things that matter.

 Life is a gift,
 a precious
fragile gift.





Addition:
This post is the way I heard the story, I do not know the actual facts. 
This evening I found the testimony of the Daddy who is mentioned in this post.
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment