Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Productive Day

I woke up feeling very ready to get some things accomplished. I have been making a list every morning with the things I need and hope to get done. It helps keep me on track for the day.

A friend just back from Paris had given us some cheese. I have been longing for french bread and cheese for some time and was determined to make french bread today to enjoy the cheese with. I made whole wheat french bread so that it would be healthier and it was simply wonderful. Oh how I LOVE the cheese in France. . .

Another thing I wanted to do was to get  my piparkuka  cookie dough made. It is very good to make it in advance so the many spices and their flavors have time to blend. It is rather a big job, but I didn't make such a large recipe this year.

Then we went outside for a while and raked some leaves.

By lunchtime I was so worn out I had to take a nap with the children, and that refreshed me a bit.

This week I went into to work to resign. I know that I won't be going back anytime soon and I can't stay on indefinitely. I was sad today though when I got my work book (for keeping track of how long I had worked there and my yearly salary) in the mail. I don't mind leaving this work place, but feel insecure being "out of work."

I also got a package from my dear parents with a lovely bag of Autumn Candy- candy corn and pumpkins. I will now be able to make some darling cupcakes sometime. Thank  you Mom and Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment