Thursday, January 2, 2014

Play Kitchen- We did it!

I wanted to get our girlie something special for Christmas. But play kitchens are so expensive. And the  more I searched the Internet, the more I fell in love with the idea of us making one ourselves. I gleaned tons of ideas from Pinterest. and finally convinced my very handy husband that we should do it. 

So we started out with this piece of furniture. TV stands here in LV are hard to find like ones in the USA, and this is what we ended up with. This was after my husband had taken the back off.


We had so much fun working together on this project every free evening down in the basement. This was the first time we have ever done something like this together and it made it even more special because of that. Hand made Christmas gifts are always the most special because they are made with so much love and thought. 

Her kitchen has a light in the oven, and a phone with a real dial tone :) It all looks so real that she asked why the water doesn't work. I had fun making her some felt play food, but there are so many great ideas on Pinterest and I can't wait to get some more felt and make some more :) 

She loves her kitchen, and now finally has a play area that is girly: ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment