Friday, April 25, 2014

When a loved one hurts

My heart hurts for someone so dear to me.

I had no idea of the pain she was going through. No idea of the difficulties.

I feel stunned.

I feel confused.

I feel disappointed.

I don't understand why evil corrupts so. I like to believe in a better world. Yet the darkness seems so strong at times.

In all of this I know that God is victor. I know that HE is in charge. I know that HE will overcome.

These past days have been strange times.

Full of shocking stories and strange happenings.

I find my rest in Him!

Psalm 121

A song of ascents.

1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
    where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
    the Maker of heaven and earth.
3 He will not let your foot slip—
    he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
    will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord watches over you—
    the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
    nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.

1 comment: